This is a letter I’m writing to me. So let’s pretend I’m from the future and writing to my present self right now.
Let me start this by saying that I love you. I know it’s hard for you to accept this love, because I found it hard too. I find it hard to accept people’s love, because I feel I do not deserve it. Let me tell you some things about the future that may guide you in your present life.
1. You are perfectly imperfect. — I’ve always tried being perfect, AND IT NEVER WORKS, BELIEVE ME. I always end up hurting myself, and beating myself up. Also frustrated and disappointed. I wouldn’t want you to go through the same thing I did. So please, remember that it’s okay to make mistakes while growing up.
2. It doesn’t matter what path you take, as long as you choose which path you want to take. I know you’re at a point of deciding and asking yourself what you want to do in your life. Guess what, YOU’RE EXTREMELY TALENTED. And it really doesn’t matter what path (I’m talking about career here) that you’d take. WHAT MATTERS IS IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY. And also if it’s what God wants for you.
3. Take time to read leisurely, relax and play. I know you, you’d spend so much time worrying about work or school or helping the next person. Golden rule: FLY. First, Love Yourself. Give yourself time to heal, time to rest and time for yourself. This is one of the most important things you should remember. I know you as someone who loves to put others first, but this time, FLY.
4. This will be the weirdest list because this fourth item is the last. Have time for God. I know it doesn’t make so much sense, considering you’ve been an active (and avid) church goer and lector since you were a kid, but this time, find a way to become closer to Him. I think you probably know what I mean. A deeper relationship with God. After all, He has plans for you and such great plans, believe me.
5. Okay so there’s a number 5. Always remember that the future me believes in you so much. You are capable of so much and you are truly God’s beautiful creation of light.
Always remember these 5 things, okay? I’m watching you from the future. Hihihi.